There has always been one word to describe the frustrations that people can experience from dealing with the government: bureaucracy! In many cases rules and procedures are embedded in governmental processes but no one (including officials) understands why and how these procedures were put in place. The impact of inefficient bureaucracies goes beyond citizen frustration, where it has negative economic impact. Time spent by productive labor and companies in bureaucratic procedures is time not invested in productivity and in contributing to a country’s GDP.
Furthermore, inefficient bureaucracies also lead to repulsion of foreign investment which means potential loss of opportunities in creating jobs and developing a country’s infrastructure.
This has pushed e-Government the main path to achieve public management and administration. By definition e-government is a purely business process management endeavor. Public services are run by a multitude of processes each of which is subjected to the BPM loop
. Furthermore, it is common that these processes encompass more than one governmental entity, which means the processes need to coordinate the work, information and documents that flows between these different entities.
ImproVision contributes in public service and administration in several ways such as:
- Comprehensive design (and re-design) of the e-government process from receiving the request, to its routing to the different relevant governmental entities, to its actual processing and tracking back to delivering to the service to the requestor.
- Provision of the technological infrastructure that will host, automate and execute the e-government process.
- Provision of reports on the popularity of the different services, occurring bottlenecks as well as the number of citizens served by week, month or year.
- Provide electronic archives for the documents submitted in governmental applications to save space and time in.
- Grant citizens online access to information, application for governmental services as well as payment of fees.
Governmental entities that can benefit for e-Government BPM solutions are:
• National Registry:
Manage the process of new ID issuance, replacements and changing information such as address.
• Tax Authorities:
Manage the process of receiving tax returns along with all the supporting documents in addition to the notifications to given to taxpayers.
• Traffic Registration:
Manage the process of granting vehicle registrations and driver’s licenses along with their renewals and change of information.
• Justice System:
Manage the multitude of cases argued in the judicial system along with archiving of the session hearings, supporting documents and the issuance of subpoenas.
• Military Services:
For countries with obligatory military duty services can be provided for citizens for issuance of travel permits, issuance of lost documents and storage of military records.
• Health Services:
Process Management coordination between different health providers by storing universal patient records and managing patient history amongst these providers for treatment as well as insurance claims purposes.
Contact us now to learn more about our government solutions.